Monday, August 22, 2005

Results: Category Assessment

Following on from the Information analysis stage we re-organised the content listed into more sensible categories, in consultation with the content owners.

This re-organisation took a long time to do.

We also included items that were not on the existing Intranet but that would be useful to have.

We had decided that the new Intranet would be built and maintained in a centralised manner. Look and feel would be consistent throughout and would be part of a central build.

Departments wishing to publish content would have access to do that but not to change the design or structure.

With this in mind we set out to create a new set of categories for the Intranet that would have all the information that was relevant to more than one area in a central category.

Once we had reached a satisfactory grouping we used this in the next task.


Post a Comment

<< Home